Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Another attempt to keep pesky squirrels away

Well the first attempt at keeping those pesky squirrels out of my feeders didn't work. I thought that the one feeder was out of their reach, but I was wrong, they started jumping up to the feeder and cleaning it out. They managed to get around the disk that I put up on the feeder in the tree so I'm trying something else.
I've been reading about the critters and several suggestions mentioned to put chili powder, cayenne... etc. on the seeds. The birds don't seem to mind it. Well I have seen several birds eating from my experimental batch so now I have to see what the squirrels think about it.
Right now my guard cat is on duty, but it seems that they are no where to be seen, my yard must be their early morning feeding ground. Our kitten loves to climb trees and she has moved from the ground under the feeder to one of the trees.
I was given some shepards hooks, so I will be putting a feeder on one and hummingbird feeder on the other, just have to figure out where to put it.
Yesterday we were working on the butterfly garden, we might have to rethink not sure its getting enough light because of all the trees. Its either full sun or very light sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment